Tuesday 19 May 2015

Ignorance: Total Bliss to Some Few!!!




Why would you post something online that you aren’t sure about knowing very well  that as soon as you press post its going to be seen by the whole world, or rather anyone who is interested in reading your upload? Then you will cry foul that you have been cyber bullied. As much as I don’t support cyber bullying, sometimes we call for it. 

Recent case scenario. #MayweathervsPacquiao: Not that I had heard about them before they started trending on social media but at least I didn’t display my ignorance for everyone to make a circus out of. And anyway it’s not my area of interest considering I couldn’t even stand watching wresting (WWF) back in the day.

Anyway, they came, they swept the internet, some people didn’t sleep waiting for the much publicized fight but unfortunately some ignorant social media user(s) decided that Mayweather is the current weather in May and she went on to rant about how people are giving this May Weather a lot of attention… hheeh. I was perturbed, and at the same time irritated by her level of ignorance. But you know, to some point I can defend her. Reason being she wrote this name as two words which is contrary to how this boxers name is written. One is May weather and the other Floyd Mayweather Jr. So to some extent she can get away with it. Either way we know she was talking about the latter. 

First before you write something that you know you ain’t sure about why not Google. It’s always been said that Google is your best friend and am sure many will attest to that. There’s nothing in this word that you can search and not find there. So my dear friends please utilize the same bundles to search before pressing post…

She isn’t the only nut case. There was this other one who decided to drink a croissant…. Woooi ngai! We need saving. How now? She searched croissant and all she/he saw was a hot steaming cup of croissant. Tsst! 

That one did not annoy me. Apparently, I just giggled about it and moved on. Maybe somewhere in their village they drink croissant. This is what I call trying to keep up with the Jonasses. It’s just like when we were learning the art of using a fork n knife. Jeez! People made a fool of themselves whilst trying to keep up. My thought was, just ask how to use the damn utensils else you will have you piece of chicken flying to someone’s face. I used to devour my chicken the best way I knew how. Shika with both hands and enjoy…heheh. You should have seen me. Now I’ve learn through asking and practicing. 

#chronicleslesson: ask and it shall be given to you. Even the bible says so.

 



No comments:

Post a Comment