Monday 20 April 2015

A Typicle Day!

Tuesday, 21st April, 2015.

My thoughts are together. I don't know if anything about this post is gonna relate to you in whatsoever way.

5.15AM: ALARM BUZZ, Yawn!!! I only wish this night could extend a little longer just to continue my disgruntled sleep.  But naah!! The traffic jam is in my mind. I cant stand sitting in traffic hours on. I prefer getting to the office early and planning mY diary for the day.

6.00AM: Like the typical Nairobi girl I am, time is of essence. One minute difference makes everything go haywire or smooth. That I can only leave to God to tell. Matatu hustle, blaring horns, the already contaminated air, we don't have a choice but to breath it all in. some times you can get some pleasantly nice touts, other times you wish to alight and make a different choice but who tells you the other one will be pleasant enough. Girl up!!

8.00AM: Like every other human being, am seated pleasantly on my desk, doesn't matter what time I got in the office, no one really cares as long as your work is done. so yeah, deal the day.

5.00PM: ENROUTE, another hustle, trying to get home n get some sanity. Sometimes a walk to town from office is inevitable, other times am lucky enough to get a matatu, I smile because this is on a really good day. The city of DRAGONS, again, to deal with the matatus. Now its even worse considering they have been up to their daily annoying routine, police run-ins, passengers not paying, the usual loud music that makes them so irritable.. But hey, we gotta get home. Blocking all that gibberish considering your day hasn't been any better is the only option. Sit, buckle-up n lets move.

Many are the nights dinner is an option. Tea and some fruits do because even the energy to go fight with the dishes is nowhere. But oh well, the hustle is real!!

I cant wait to get to bed and forget all the mellow drama. God save this Typical Nairobi Girl!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment