Wednesday 16 December 2015

Am Pained: Parents Beware




It’s not because I think by any chance that you are irresponsible, I just think that you should be a little bit keener. Just like you pay attention when signing cheques and approving documents, or fiting a wedding outfit, be keen around your children.
 
Parenting today has become sort of complicated, not by choice but by circumstance. They are caught up in soo many issues and commitments that sometimes their minds are neither here nor there. In so many cases our babies are left in the care of our house helps, God bless them. Most of us and especially for first time mothers, if given an option  they would be stay home mums. Trust you me I would if only for the sake of my little munchkins.

I happened to hear a saddening story yesterday as I was picking a few things at the grocery shop on my way home. I bled a little.

Am sure this is not the first time you have heard of this but since it’s still happening, I gotta write about it. It might speak to one, two, all or none but if you get to read this please don’t just brush it off, think hard about it.

#mamabongachronicles: So I am just picking my groceries when I over hear two mamas talking in hashed tones. What I hear is heart breaking. A man/husband had come home for lunch as it’s his usual routine. He enjoyed his wife’s finger licking meal and a good play time with his kids. What an admirable family. What happened as he was leaving for work is what everyone is talking about in hashed tones.

The father, as usual leaves the youngest baby tucked in bed for the afternoon nap and then the older kid sees him off to the car. The younger one is around two years going to three and the older on is seven years. Mummy and son wave good bye to daddy and unknowingly the younger baby had stepped outta bed and gone to tell daddy goodbye. Unfortunately no one saw him hide behind the car and all they heard when daddy reversed the car was a shrill sound. Daddy had run over his baby and probably killed him. They all run to where the sound was coming from just to be received by the disfigured image of their baby’s body. They rush him to the nearest hospital amidst confusion but was pronounced dead on arrival. That was the harshest news they had received in a very long time. 

The image of their baby’s lifeless body will forever live in their memories. The father will never forgive himself despite the numerous number of times he goes to see the psychiatrist. They will forever blame themselves. I pray that they get a piece of mind.

#chroniclesadvise: amidst your many thought, errands, please take keen attention of the small ones around you. You can easily be distracted by a very small thing and you end up causing irreversible damage.

Hold their hand when crossing the road. Avoid sending your children to the shops alone. Ensure they are picked and dropped home by sober drivers.

 Merry xmas peeps…

I DON’T MEAN TO SAY THAT I HAVE BETTER PARENTING SKILL, I EVEN DON’T HAVE ONE OF MY OWN YET BUT ISSUES TO DO WITH CHILDREN JUST KILL ME.

No comments:

Post a Comment